Post-foundation and Degree commencement comment
25.5.17

It's been nearly a week since the commencement of a new semester and hence, my bachelor's degree programme. Two weeks prior I had completed my foundation studies in Computer Science. Then came the long awaited sem break right after finals. I don't remember having accomplished much during the break apart from diving into the basics of JavaScript - the long-delayed language which I had enlisted as an agenda to tick off alongside learning the front-end CSS and HTML some few years back. Oh and not to mention, back to back episodes of the all new season of Shingeki No Kyojin ✌


*picture intentionally blurred
[left]Foundation ID, [right]Degree ID
Not much difference, aye?

 I had made up my mind a long time ago about taking Software Engineering simply because of the enthralling prospects that hopefully lie ahead, specifically developing apps and building websites. I am aware that while my course aims to prepare graduates for just that, much of what is in the course outline surely is going to involve a lot of things that I have never heard of and probably a considerable number of subjects and topics that I would not like learning😂😂. Either way, like it or not, I think what every college student should know by now is that their college major plays a main role in determining their career later on down the road. And that every one of them should do themselves a favor by investing some time to carefully pick out a course to study and then get mentally prepared to undergo it within a considerable span of time.

 Viewing degree life from a rather 'pseudo' big picture seems pretty exciting and challenging to say the least. From what I have attended so far that were only introductory classes for my sem 1 subjects, I can already tell, and well perhaps anyone can tell that it's not going to be as easy as foundation. Speaking of foundation, my whole one year of foundation studies in retrospect was pleasant albeit challenging on a mediocre level. I had garnered a lot along the way, course lessons and life lessons alike. College life is very happening and hardly a day goes by where I can just laze off the day hibernating in a slumber in the comfort of my bed. That said, there was however plenty of time for rest provided I have kept in par with lessons and prep myself with early and necessary preparations and not cram on the eleventh hour instead 😂. Been there, done that.
le official foundation transcript

Well I guess that's a wrap for now. Until next time, cheers to a prosperous degree life to all freshmen out there!

Thanks for your time and have a nice weekend ahead.



Labels: ,