Well, damn you exams.. comment
26.5.15
   Anyone noticed my inactivity and abstinence from blogger? I bet no one have since almost all my posts have quite a gap from each other. Needless to say, I'm finally reunited with my lovely abode on the net and am recovering from the overwhelming stress my recent exams have administered on me.

Not quite, actually..
  Two-and-a-half weeks of papers that test one's memory and cognitive power is enough to drain anyone preparing hard for an exam. Unless, of course if you're a prodigy or..an extraterrestrial being. Now, that wasn't quite a big deal to me, I mean that's what exams are for, right? They are like yardsticks that measure your progress, memory power and cognition. What I detest about exams is that in order to ace them, you have got to 'sacrifice' all your interests. I use the sort-of-strong word 'sacrifice' because sacrificing my time for my hobbies and interests and having have to spare that great deal of time on never-ending revisions instead was exactly what I felt and had to do...all because I desire so badly to obtain good grades that could be my source of breakthrough. On doing so, I had to intentionally deprive myself from everything I considered  'fun'. It's sadly, painful when it all becomes too much to bear. I don't know how is it like for you, but it is so to me. Just for the record, my source of enjoyment are pretty nerdy stuffs like coding, reading articles and watching educational videos. But yeah, don't undermine these things especially when it's an individual's interest because it can indeed be painful when he or she has to unwillingly abstain from it all.

  You might be wondering what's with all my yammering now that I'm free for the time-being to pursue what I like. Well, to put it short, I freaking lost touch in coding. Being able to code was like a milestone for me. I've probably got to agree on the Decay Theory that states;

memory fades due to the mere passage of time. Information is therefore less available for later retrieval as time passes and memory, as well as memory strength, wears away. When we learn something new, a neurochemical “memory trace” is created. However, over time this trace slowly disintegrates. Actively rehearsing information is believed to be a major factor counteracting this temporal decline.

 Well, dammit. I don't know if all this blabber of mine is going overboard but sometimes, I just wish I had the chance to be home-schooled where I can pre-pursue my subjects of interest unlike in schools, where you are given a set subjects and a standard syllabus to adhere to. Like, why do I have to study Sejarah (I love world history though), Bahasa Malaysia and Biology?! argghh.



Labels: , , , , ,